Experienced Jacksonville DUI Lawyers Protect Your Future
Fighting DUI and drunk driving charges in Northeast Florida
If you’ve been arrested for DUI in Florida, don’t panic. An arrest does not always mean a conviction or loss of your license. As highly seasoned DUI attorneys, the lawyers of Robert Shafer & Associates, P.A. knows the evidence and facts prosecutors must present in order to obtain a conviction. We exhaust every legal option in an effort to obtain an acquittal.
We conduct a thorough investigation. Some of the questions we may ask at the beginning of the case include:
- Did the police have probable cause to stop you?
- Were you advised of the consequences of refusing a breath or blood-alcohol test?
- Were all field sobriety, blood and breath tests conducted according to state standards?
- How long after you were driving were the tests conducted?
- Were you read your Miranda warning?
- Were you actually driving?
While we are examining the validity of your DUI arrest, we simultaneously work to preserve your driver’s license. In Florida, you must request a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) hearing within 10 days of your arrest or your license will automatically be suspended. We will handle DMV proceedings, in addition to representing DUI clients in the criminal phase of the case.
The penalties for a first offense are very severe. Subsequent convictions carry much harsher penalties. With so many avenues for defense, do not simply plead guilty. Don’t take chances with your future. See what experienced DUI lawyers can do for you.
- Seasoned DUI Defense Attorneys Watch Out for You
- Representation When You’re Facing DUI Charges
- Building an Effective DUI Defense
- Fact and Fiction about DUI Stops
- What to Do if You’re Arrested for a DUI in Florida
- Defense Against Drunk Driving Accident Charges
- DUI Defense Attorneys Get You Back on the Road
Contact an experienced Florida DUI Attorney in Jacksonville now. Contact Robert Shafer & Associates.
Since 1979 we’ve been serving the people of Northeast Florida by helping them take back control of their lives. We can do the same for you. To schedule your free initial consultation with one of our highly-competent attorneys, call us at 904-450-5872 or contact us online. Let us work hard for you.